Tuesday 4 March 2014

Savay , where is it now ?


After the blog of my Savay times a few people commented on having no trophy shot of a very special fish . In fact I have been buying Carpology mag because of the series featuring Savay , and also of a friend that is fishing there , doing very well as it happens . It truly is a special lake , really carping history was being made there , with many of the tactics , products and bait we are still using today honed on the banks . Experiments with bent hooks were being used , I know because I made a jig up for doing them accurately ( now done with shrink tube to some extent ) , critically balanced baits , and lots of baits were being tried out on there . I know the fishing can be rock hard , a ball buster , poss getting even harder as the numbers of carp decrease , but people still suffer the mud and the lack of action to be on its banks . 


Awesome creature . Tiny swim on the canal bank , a piece of heaven .

Here is a pic of the chestnut leathery carp going back . I would love to know what's happened to that fish after all these years , blind in one eye means it should be recognisable , so I will make some enquiries . I also ended up on the other side of the canal , pit3 , over the other side of the road , Harefield , thats for my next blog !.

Hatter


No comments: